When they aren’t busy expediting orders on the pass, or dreaming up new dishes, New York’s top chefs are a lot like us: They’re wondering where to eat next.
So, we decided to ask 28 New York-based chefs and restaurateurs where they’re planning to dine out this fall, from their time-honored favorites to the new spots they’re most looking forward to scoping out.
Some trends we noticed? A lot of them, like us, haven’t had a chance to make it to Claud, just yet. Of the new restaurants opening this fall, they’re most excited to check out Noma alum Mads Refslund’s ILIS, as well as Four Twenty Five, the joint project from chefs Jean-Georges Vongerichten and Jonathan Benno. Moono, Scarr’s Pizza, and Torrisi are also heavy favorites.
Here’s a comprehensive list and map to each and every one of their picks, in alphabetical order.
P.S. And if you’d like to see our personal checklist for fall dining, head here.
Everywhere We Want to Dine This Fall
- 18 Restaurants Across America We Can’t Wait To Try in Fall 2023
- New York’s Newest Restaurant Openings, Now on Resy
- The Resy Guide to Autumn in New York
- The Resy Guide to Where (and What) to Drink This Fall in New York
- The Resy Guide to Cozy Noodle Soups in New York
- Eight Things to Know About the New Gem Wine
- All About Nōksu, the Chef’s Tasting Counter Hidden Inside a New York City Subway Station
- How Alex Stupak Redefines New American Cuisine at Mischa
- All About Moono, From the Michelin-Starred Chef Behind Jua
- How to Get Into Libertine