Resy’s Signature Dining Program, Off Menu Week, presented by American Express, Returns For Year Two
Bringing Exclusive Eats Dreamed Up By The World’s Greatest Restaurants To 9 Cities
Atlanta, Charleston And Houston Are New-For-2020 Additions to Off Menu Week’s National Tour
NEW YORK CITY (Wednesday, January 22, 2020) — Resy, the reservations platform used by many of the world’s best restaurants, kicks off year two of its signature dining program: Off Menu Week, presented by American Express.
For one week only in 9 U.S. cities (Los Angeles, Atlanta, Charleston, Austin, Washington, D.C., New York, Chicago, San Francisco and Houston) Resy will celebrate the ingenuity of chefs and restaurants everywhere, and give diners access to the inner workings of their favorite restaurants.
Chefs at some of the hottest spots and favorite neighborhood mainstays in America’s best dining cities will be tapped to go off script and serve never-before-seen dishes inspired by personal passions, family heritage, formative food memories, family meal, and more.
Diners may get to sample a recipe the kitchen has been finessing for months, or a nostalgia-fueled idea from the sous chef. Maybe it’ll be a one-hit wonder too wild to ever grace the normal menu. Or it could very well be the restaurant’s next iconic dish. Either way, they’ll have only a week to feel like an insider and sample these exclusive eats.
Off Menu Week, which debuted in 2019 and sat 50,000+ diners in its inaugural year boasts an expanded national footprint for 2020, with the addition of Atlanta, Houston and Charleston, where the buzziest local restaurants (Lyla Lila in Atlanta, Melfi’s in Charleston) are already signed up. Come September in New York City, hot spots like Nami Nori and Wayla are on the docket, plus institutions like West Village stalwart Minetta Tavern.
“We definitely noticed an increase in covers, but we most enjoyed that both our regulars and folks trying us out for the first time got to experience something new. There was a story to each dish, and it was engaging for our guests,” said a manager at DC’s Maketto; “Off Menu Week feels younger and hipper than other dining programs,” said one of the owners at LA’s Botanica; “It was a really fun thing for our sous chefs to do, to be able to flex their creative muscle!” said a Director of Operations at Night + Market in Los Angeles.
The dining program kicks off in Los Angeles with some of the city’s best restaurants — Birdie G’s, Night + Market, Lasa, Elephante, and more — and runs from February 24 – March 1. American Express early access runs from Jan. 22 at 10am PT through Jan. 24 at 9:59am PT. Remaining reservations will become available on Jan. 24 at 10am PT via Resy.
Full details at resy.com/offmenuweek; full Off Menu Week 2020 schedule on page 2.
- Los Angeles: February 24 – March 1
- American Express Early Access* begins January 22 at 10am PT via Resy. Public reservation slots begin January 24 at 10am PT via Resy.
- Full list of participating restaurants: Adamae • American Beauty • APL Restaurant • Baleen Kitchen • Bar Avalon • Birdie G’s • Blue Plate Taco • botanica • Charcoal Venice • Elephante • Employees Only • Farmshop • fundamental DTLA • Il Forno • Kassi • Lasa • Lukshon • Maude • Nerano • Night+Market Sahm • Night+Market WeHo • Petite Taqueria • Ronan • Salt’s Cure • Tallula’s • The Tasting Kitchen • Yakiya • Yapa
- Atlanta: March 23 – 29 | new for 2020
- American Express Early Access* begins February 19 at 10am ET via Resy. Public reservation slots begin February 21 at 10am ET via Resy.
- Charleston: April 20 – 26 | new for 2020
- American Express Early Access* begins March 18 at 10am ET via Resy. Public reservation slots begin March 20 at 10am ET via Resy.
- Austin: May 4 – 10
- American Express Early Access* begins April 1 at 10am CT via Resy. Public reservation slots begin April 3 at 10am CT via Resy.
- Washington, D.C.: June 15 – 21
- American Express Early Access* begins May 13 at 10am ET via Resy. Public reservation slots begin May 15 at 10am ET via Resy.
- New York: September 21 – 27
- American Express Early Access* begins August 19 at 10am ET via Resy. Public reservation slots begin August 21 at 10am ET via Resy.
- Chicago: October 19 – 25
- American Express Early Access* begins September 16 at 10am CT via Resy. Public reservation slots begin September 18 at 10am CT via Resy.
- San Francisco: November 9 – 15
- American Express Early Access* begins October 7 at 10am PT via Resy. Public reservation slots begin October 9 at 10am PT via Resy.
- Houston: December 7 – 13 | new for 2020
- American Express Early Access* begins November 4 at 10am CT via Resy. Public reservation slots begin November 6 at 10am CT via Resy.
American Express® Card Members get exclusive access to early booking 48 hours before anyone else. To make a reservation, just add your eligible American Express Card to your Resy account. Reservations are first-come, first-served. Terms apply. During the specified sales period, tickets are available exclusively to all American Express Card Members. Tickets must be purchased with an American Express Card. Standard service charges apply. Offer is subject to availability. Not all seats are available and blackout dates apply. All sales final. No refunds. No exchanges. Offer may be changed or revoked at any time at the sole discretion of American Express. Some events may not be accessible to Card Members with disabilities.
Resy connects the world’s best guests with the world’s best restaurants at digital scale through its superior reservation management software and consumer-facing restaurant reservation platform. Since its inception in 2014, Resy has revolutionized, elevated and enhanced dining experiences worldwide.
Resy works exclusively with 4,500+ restaurants globally, seating over 2.8 million diners a week. Resy boasts an industry-low, global no-show rate of approximately 3%.
Resy’s restaurant partners use ResyOS – a complete restaurant reservations system – to run their businesses smarter and more efficiently. ResyOS includes table management, wait list functionality, ticketing, web and app booking, PCI Level 1 compliant third-party credit card handling, loyalty channel management, POS integration and more. Additionally, ResyOS offers an all-encompassing guest feedback loop, plus a suite of Business Intelligence tools.
Diners around the world use Resy to book and manage reservations at a curated selection of the world’s most distinguished restaurants, from award-winning establishments to neighborhood mainstays.
Resy was co-founded by Ben Leventhal, co- founder of Eater.com; Michael Montero, co-founder and former CTO of CrowdTwist; and Gary Vaynerchuk, noted social media expert, entrepreneur and investor. Three months after launching The New York Times declared, “Resy [is] striving to become the favored portal” for diners looking to get into the best restaurants. By 2017, Resy was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies; in 2018, an acquisition of a key competitor was called “a big win” by New York Magazine; and in 2019, Resy was acquired by American Express.
The Resy app is free and available for download on both iOS and Android.