Plus curated offers from Rent The Runway, Scotch Porter, Urbanstems and more to elevate a night out.
Diners have shown they are excited to get back to their favorite restaurants (see April data report) and Resy is ready to be their go-to source for intel, access and booking. Throughout May and beyond, diners will see and experience the anthem It’s Time to Make a Resy as part of the company’s new brand campaign and Resy will give away complimentary dishes at 25+ restaurants in 6 cities over one week (May 17-23 in the U.S., June 1-6 in London) as another way of saying ‘welcome back.’
The multi-channel brand campaign aims to remind diners of the magic of restaurants. It is brought to life through new creative across Resy channels including a video spot, shot in New York City at Nom Wah Tea Parlor, King, Win Son, Le Crocodile and Chez Ma Tante. People toasting, tasting and laughing is accompanied by a voiceover:
It’s time to get dressed up, and let your hair down.
To discover new favorites, and make new memories.
To revisit the places we missed, and see the ones who miss us.
To set a Notify, for the place you set your heart on.
It’s time for the corner booth, and the corner slice.
To order the usual, with the usual suspects.
It’s time for big bites, and small plates.
Big laughs, into the small hours.
It’s time for date night, girls night, every night.
It’s time to share the food we love, at the restaurants we love, with the people we love.
It’s Time to Make a Resy.
“The magic of restaurants is in the details and the way they make you feel: the thrill of landing a really hard-to-get res, the energy of a Saturday night service, a dish that knocks your socks off – we wanted to channel those feelings that we’ve all missed into this campaign,” says Victoria Vaynberg, Chief Marketing Officer of Resy, part of the American Express Global Dining Network. “Additionally, as restaurants continue to come back, you’ll see Resy be a real-time source for what’s open and exciting, and a destination for discovery and booking.”
To make a night out even more of an occasion, Resy has curated a set of exclusive brand offers that diners can access at Resy.com/MakeAResy, beginning May 17. For those looking to dress up, clean up, and get a lift to a restaurant they’ve been waiting to revisit, offers will be available from Rent The Runway, Scotch Porter, Urbanstems and more to be announced.
SIGNATURE DISHES AT 25+ RESTAURANTS, ON RESY
Between Monday, May 17 and Sunday, May 23 Resy will give away hundreds – thousands! – of signature dishes at restaurants in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas and New York City. London will follow from June 1 to 6. At each participating restaurant, every table will be gifted one of the restaurant’s favorite menu items compliments of Resy. Tables may also receive scratch off tickets that may reveal a $50 restaurant gift card or a round of drinks redeemable for a future visit. Participating restaurants include:
- Baffi — Jonathan Waxman Kale Salad with Anchovy Dressing, Lemon Juice, Butter Toasted Garlic Breadcrumbs, and Pecorino Cheese
- Bar Vegan — Pinkies Fresh-Made Cookies and Homemade Ice Cream
- Miller Union — Farm Egg Baked in Celery Cream with Grilled Bread
- Restaurant Holmes — Cacio E Pepe: Hand Cut Noodles, Parmesan, and Cracked Pepper
- Twisted Soul Cookhouse and Pours — Smoked Pork Belly-Stuffed Vidalia Onion Bomb
- Bar Mezzana — Burrata Crostini with Truffle Honey, Asparagus, and Pecorino
- Celeste — Ceviche Mixed Seafood (Blue Cod, Shrimp, and Squid)
- SRV — Gnocchi with Braised Lamb, Rapini, and Yogurt
- Toro — Maíz Asado – Grilled Corn, Aioli, Lime, Espelette, Aged Cheese
- Woods Hill Pier 4 — Spring dug parsnip hummus, grilled ramps and fiddleheads, pea tendrils, smoked paprika, olive oil cracker
- Gaijin — Okonomiyaki
- The Village at Italian Village Restaurants — Handmade, Mezzelune-Agnolotti Pasta Filled with Spinach and Ricotta in a Tomato & Basil Pesto Sauce
- Mi Tocaya Antojeria — Enchiladas Potosinos
- Roots Pizza Second City — Mozzarella Bites, Served with Marinara
- The Vig — Chicken Wings, umami sauce, garlic aioli, cilantro, sesame
- Homewood Down — Whipped Brandade with Sourdough Toast
- Knife Steakhouse, Dallas — Garganelli and Black Truffle Essence
- Knife Steakhouse, Plano — Garganelli and Black Truffle Essence
- Lucia — Spicy Lomo with Marinated Asparagus
New York City
- Chinese Tuxedo — Crudo of Hamachi With Ponzu Brown Butter, Black Bean, and Rice Pearls
- Il Buco — Cavolonero: Tuscan Black Kale with Garlic-Anchovy-Lemon Vinaigrette, Filone Croutons, and Parmigiano Reggiano
- Nami Nori — Spicy Tuna Temaki or Eggplant Gobo Chips
- Sofreh — Savory Potato Pancake Sweetened with Saffron Syrup and Topped with Sour Cherry Compote
- Anselm — Pan-fried Mashed Potatoes, Fried in Lard and Topped with Truffle Oil
London — signature dishes to be announced!
- Quo Vadis
- Cora Pearl
- Sambal Shiok
REFRESHER: HOW TO RESY — A couple of Resy’s top tips for getting back on your dining game:
- Set A Notify: Resy’s signature “Notify” feature is a prime way to land the reservation you’re after. If a table/time slot isn’t available at your restaurant of choice, click “Notify” to be added to a wait list; if a table opens up, you may receive a push notification and have the opportunity to grab the table. But act fast, coveted reservations go quick — When Don Angie releases a table to its Notify waitlist, the table is often snagged within 10 seconds, the GM tells Resy.
- Plan with My Hit List: Keep track of the restaurants you want to check out by adding them to your personal Hit List within the Resy app. Simply tap the heart icon on a restaurant’s venue page and Resy automatically adds the restaurant to your list, found on your profile page.
- Set A Calendar Reminder: Restaurants “open their books” at different times, so while some restaurants may make reservations available 1 month out some more in-demand restaurants operate on a shorter lead time. Resy super users have been known to set calendar reminders timed to when a restaurant releases new resies.
- Add An American Express Card to a Resy Wallet and Unlock Extra Access: Adding an eligible American Express card to a Resy wallet can unlock special access to reservations, pre-sales to Resy events and other perks.
- Be A Regular: There’s no techy trick to this one, just a desire to commit, dine, and do it again. Whether you zero in on one spot or spread the love around, showing a restaurant repeat business goes a long way.