Resy and American Express to Host Multiple Dining Events During Art Week in Miami Including Dinner Series with Massimo Bottura, Missy Robbins and Mashama Bailey
- Resy and American Express will host multiple dining events in Miami starting November 29th to give Resy users and American Express Card Members exclusive chef and restaurant access during one of Miami’s most in-demand weeks.
- Artist Phillip K. Smith III will debut Garden of Reflections, an original site-specific art installation commissioned for Resy and American Express’ Design District pop-up.
- Reservations for the top chef dinner series are available exclusively to Global Dining Access by Resy members. Reservations for a gallery day featuring Smith’s art and food by Zahav Chef-Owner Michael Solomonov will be free and open to all Resy users. Reservations go live November 9th, 2022 at 10 a.m. EST at resy.com/miami.
Resy and American Express to Host Multiple Dining Events During Art Week in Miami Including Dinner Series with Massimo Bottura, Missy Robbins and Mashama Bailey with Original Art by Phillip K. Smith III; Gallery Day to Feature Food by Michael Solomonov
Miami (Wednesday, October 26, 2022) – Today, Resy and American Express announced plans to celebrate the intersection of food, art and culture during art week in Miami with a four-day pop-up in the Design District headlined by Michelin and James Beard Award winning chefs and renowned artist Phillip K. Smith III, plus special events at some of the most popular restaurants in Miami.
“Miami is one of Resy’s fastest-growing markets and such an exciting restaurant city,” said Alex Lee, CEO of Resy and VP of American Express Dining. “During Art Basel week, when we see reservation demand in Miami spike, we’ll supercharge what Resy is known for: guiding you to and helping you get into the best restaurants.”
The Design District pop-up will feature restaurants and chefs in Resy’s Global Dining Access* program. There will be intimate dinners cooked by Massimo Bottura (Tues., Nov. 29), Missy Robbins (Thurs., Dec. 1) and Mashama Bailey (Fri., Dec. 2) and a gallery day (Wed., Nov. 30) with food and drinks by Michael Solomonov. The pop-up will also feature the return of American Express presents SAVOR & SOUL™, a unique dining experience celebrating Black chefs and culture with a menu curated by Mashama Bailey. In addition, Resy will host special events at popular Miami restaurants COTE Miami, Joe’s Stone Crab and Mandolin Aegean Bistro for Global Dining Access Members.
Global Dining Access by Resy is a dining program that provides eligible American Express® Card Members elevated access to 500+ top restaurants in the United States and around the world. Benefits include the ability to book exclusive reservation slots, Priority Notify at all Resy restaurants, and invitations to exclusive events.
“Art has always been my passion, together with music, poetry, fast cars and motorcycles, and of course food” says Massimo Bottura, Chef Patron of Osteria Francescana and Founder of Food for Soul. “When we are able to put together all these things and create an amazing event I am always ‘in.’ It is the only way you can transmit emotions. I can’t wait to come in Miami again. It’s all about emotions.”
“Food, culture and art are so intricately linked and I am thrilled to be partnering with American Express and Resy to bring this exciting experience to guests in Miami,” said Chef Michael Solomonov, Chef and Owner of Zahav and five-time James Beard Foundation award-winner.
“Miami is such a lively and vibrant city, rich in Caribbean culture,” said Mashama Bailey, Chef and Co-Owner of The Grey. “We are excited to showcase dishes rooted in these cultures and cook for people who love art and beauty, and who have a discerning eye and palate – it is always a welcomed challenge.”
“I am excited to be a part of an event that brings the world of food and art together,” said Missy Robbins, Chef and Owner of Lilia, Misi and MISIPASTA. “It is a great opportunity to showcase our form of expression outside of the four walls of our restaurants and to introduce our food and hospitality to international and local guests.”
Southern California desert-based artist Phillip K. Smith III was commissioned to create a site-specific art installation for the Resy and American Express gallery in the Design District. The piece, Garden of Reflections, is a series of reflective columnar sculptures that react to the immediate surroundings: the sun, clouds, treetops and architecture during the day, and the action of the dining experience at night. Smith last showed at Art Basel Miami 2017 with 120 Degree Arc East Southeast, a 500-foot-long reflective installation located on the beach in the Faena Arts District.
“Art Basel brings a lot of weight, of course,” says Phillip K. Smith III, “I was intrigued by the challenge of providing artwork for a space that will operate as a gallery by day and a restaurant by night. And so, I’ve created Garden of Reflections, an artwork that will reflect and collage the movement and action of the space across its varied surfaces while changing perceptually from day to night.”
The partnership between Smith, Resy and American Express was facilitated by UAP who connects artists to opportunities in the public/private realm and supports their design and fabrication needs. With projects from Desert X AlUla 2022 to Bharti Kher’s Ancester, currently on display with the Public Art Fund in New York City, UAP works across curation to installation to bring the most unique creativity to life.
Schedule of Events for Resy and American Express’ Design District Pop-Up
Location: 151 NE 41st Street, 3rd Floor, Miami, FL
Global Dining Access by Resy Dinner Series
- Tuesday, Nov. 29 | 6:00 p.m.: Dinner with Massimo Bottura (Chef Patron of Osteria Francescana, Modena, Italy) and Phillip K. Smith III’s Garden of Reflections
- Thursday, Dec. 1 | 5:30 p.m and 9:00 p.m.: Dinner with Missy Robbins (Chef and Owner of Lilia, Misi and MISIPASTA in Brooklyn, NY) and Phillip K. Smith III’s Garden of Reflections
- Friday, Dec. 2 | 5:30 p.m and 9:00 p.m.: Dinner with Mashama Bailey (Chef and Co-Owner of The Grey in Savannah, GA and Diner Bar in Austin, TX) and Phillip K. Smith III’s Garden of ReflectionsReservations are available beginning Wednesday, November 9th at 10 a.m. EST exclusively to American Express Card Members enrolled in Global Dining Access by Resy. Experience costs $350 per person and includes food (multi-course menu), alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, service. Terms Apply.
Gallery Day viewing of Phillip K. Smith III’s Garden of Reflections featuring food from Michael Solomonov
- Wednesday, Nov. 30 | 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Viewing of Phillip K. Smith III’s Garden of Reflections with food and drinks by Michael Solomonov (Chef and Owner of Zahav, Abe Fisher, Merkaz, Dizengoff, Goldie, Laser Wolf, Federal Donuts and K’Far in Philadelphia, PA and Laser Wolf in Brooklyn, NY).Reservations are available to all Resy users beginning November 9th, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. Entry, food and drinks are complimentary.
American Express presents SAVOR & SOUL™
- Friday, Dec. 2: Brunch with Mashama Bailey (Chef and Co-Owner of The Grey in Savannah, GA and Diner Bar in Austin, TX) featuring a discussion on the current state of Black art and artists along with a viewing of Phillip K. Smith III’s Garden of Reflections. Attendance by invitation only, see terms1.
Additional restaurant events for Global Dining Access Members
Art After Dark at COTE Miami x Global Dining Access
- Thursday, Dec. 1 – Friday, Dec. 9: For eight nights, Global Dining Access members can book tables at Michelin-starred KOREAN STEAKHOUSE™ COTE Miami and view world-class art from private collections. Pieces not typically shown in public will be on display at COTE in partnership with Artline, a public art project consulting firm based in New York City. Guests will have the opportunity to learn about the collectors and their vision and personal stories while indulging in a specially curated menu.
Location: COTE Miami, 3900 NE 2nd Avenue Miami, FL
Joe’s Stone Crab x Global Dining Access
- Wednesday, Nov. 30: An exclusive dinner event for Global Dining Access members at South Beach mainstay Joe’s Stone Crab. Guests will enjoy a three-course menu featuring Joe’s Stone Crab classics such as chopped salad, large stone crab claws, jumbo lump crab cakes, fried chicken, hashed brown potatoes, grilled tomatoes and of course, their famous Joe’s Key Lime Pie. Prix fixe menu is $220 per person inclusive of tax and service.
Location: Joe’s Stone Crab, 11 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL
Mandolin Aegean Bistro x Global Dining Access
- Sunday, Dec. 4: An exclusive dinner service for Global Dining Access members at Mandolin Aegean Bistro, the beloved Design District restaurant in a restored 1940s bungalow. Guests can order Mandolin signature dishes like cheese sakanaki, ali nazik, spanakopita, köfte, and manti.
Location: Mandolin Aegean Bistro, 4312 NE 2nd Ave, Miami, FL
Reservations for these experiences are available beginning Friday, November 11th at 11 a.m. EST exclusively to American Express Card Members enrolled in Global Dining Access by Resy. Global Dining Access members can book via Resy. An eligible American Express® Card must be on file to book. Terms apply.
Lauren Young, Resy PR
ABOUT PHILLIP K. SMITH III
Working in the Southern California desert’s Coachella Valley, Phillip K. Smith III creates light-based work that draws upon ideas of space, form, color, light + shadow, environment, and change. Featured in many online and print publications, Smith is known for creating large scaled temporary installations such as Lucid Stead in Joshua Tree, Reflection Field and Portals at the Coachella Music and Arts Festival, ¼ Mile Arc in Laguna Beach, and The Circle of Land and Sky at inaugural 2017 Desert X exhibition. His public artworks are sited in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Kansas City, Nashville, Oklahoma City and beyond; and the artist was recently commissioned to create permanent, light-based works for the cities of West Hollywood, CA, La Jolla, CA, and Bellevue, WA. The artist currently has solo exhibitions on view at the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art through August 6, 2023, and at the Palm Springs Art Museum through May 7, 2023.
PHILLIP K. SMITH III: GARDEN OF REFLECTIONS
Garden of Reflections is an installation composed of 17 columnar sculptures that collage the light, atmosphere, and movement of the space across their highly reflective and folded mirror polished steel surfaces. Organically collected in three different groups, the artwork reacts to the immediate surroundings, colors, and realities of the day. As the light of the space changes, so the artwork changes. As people move within the space, the artwork reacts accordingly. This reflective experience reconfigures and compresses directionality and space, amplifying one’s perception of their surroundings. The result is an installation that is equally powerful and quiet, completely immersive, and changing at all times, no matter day or night.
*ABOUT GLOBAL DINING ACCESS BY RESY
Global Dining Access by Resy is a dining program for eligible* American Express Card Members that provides elevated access to top restaurants in the United States and internationally. Card Members can utilize the program’s benefits – to get access for exclusive tables, Priority Notify, event access – by having their eligible American Express Card on file in their Resy profile. In the U.S, Global Dining Access exclusive tables are available at 500+ restaurants including Carbone (NY) Lilia (NY), Via Carota (NY), Zahav (PHL), Monteverde (CHI), Mi Tocaya (CHI), Mother Wolf (LA), Kato (LA), Contessa (MIA), Rose’s Luxury (DC), Sarma (Boston), Carbone Vino (DAL) and more.
Global Dining Access members are also invited to purchase tickets to Global Dining Access events featuring top chefs and restaurants. Past events have included World’s Best Restaurant noma’s 5-day residency in New York City (May 2022) and Platinum Coast (September 2021), a floating restaurant on a barge in Manhattan’s East River featuring Nancy Silverton, Kwame Onwuachhi, Stephanie Izard and more Global Dining Access Chefs.
*Global Dining Access by Resy membership extends to eligible U.S. American Express Cards: Platinum Card®, Business Platinum Card®, Corporate Platinum Card®, The Centurion Card, Centurion Business Card, Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card, Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card, and Hilton Honors American Express Aspire (see Global Dining Access Terms and Conditions).