This September Chefs Michael Solomonov, Kwame Onwuachi, Nancy Silverton, Stephanie Izard and Jon Shook & Vinny Dotolo Will Headline the Five-Day Dining Event with Wine and Cocktails Curated by Olmsted and Tayēr + Elementary
New York – August 4, 2021: On September 17-21, American Express premium Card Members will have the exclusive opportunity to dine aboard Platinum Coast, the first-ever 225-foot floating, pop-up restaurant on Manhattan’s East River. Award-winning chefs Michael Solomonov (Friday), Kwame Onwuachi (Saturday), Nancy Silverton (Sunday), Stephanie Izard (Monday), Jon Shook & Vinny Dotolo (Tuesday) will be on deck for the culinary experience. Wine Director Zwann Grays, of Brooklyn’s Olmsted and Maison Yaki, will curate the wine list and top London cocktail bar Tayēr + Elementary will create the cocktails.
The waterfront dining event celebrates the refresh of the American Express Platinum Card and launch of Global Dining Access by Resy, the reservation platform’s new dining access program and comes as consumers say they are ready to return to in-person experiences. According to recent data from the Amex Trendex ¹, 80% of respondents are either hopeful, happy, or excited at the prospect of returning to in-person events.
Global Dining Access Members2 – Platinum Consumer, Business and Corporate Card Members and select others – can book a table for Lunch, Aperitivo, Dinner or Late Night and each service time will feature a different menu created by that day’s chef. Menus may be inspired by the Chef’s restaurants, hometowns, heritage, travel and more. In total, 20 different menus will be served over the course of the five-day dining event.
In addition to the food and drink, Platinum Coast offers river views, chic ambiance with lush botanicals and contemporary design, music (including a live DJ when the sun goes down) and a limited number of cabana tables for six.
“Platinum Coast raises the bar for dining experiences and represents the premium and innovative events Global Dining Access Members can expect from American Express and Resy,” says Alex Lee, Vice President and General Manager, Resy & the American Express Global Dining Network.
“To be back cooking in New York at an exciting dining event like this one is a milestone,” says Mike Solomonov, Chef-Owner of Zahav in Philadelphia. “I can’t wait to see it come to life with such a talented line up of chefs, and cook for Card Members who are passionate about restaurants and experiencing them in out-of-the-box ways.”
“I’m so excited to visit New York for this super unique event and honored to be part of such a talented line up of chefs!” says Stephanie Izard, Chef-Owner of Girl & the Goat.
Starting today, August 4, interested diners can set a Notify at resy.com/platinumcoast to receive an alert when menus go live and tickets go on sale on Wednesday, August 18, 2021 at 10 a.m. EDT. Tickets to Platinum Coast must be purchased with a Global Dining Access eligible Card linked to a Resy user’s account. Offer is subject to availability. Terms apply.
EVENT DETAILS | American Express® Platinum x Global Dining Access by Resy: Platinum Coast
- Friday, September 17: Michael Solomonov (Chef-Owner of Zahav, Abe Fisher, K’Far)
- Saturday, September 18: Kwame Onwuachi (Top Chef Judge, James Beard Award-Winning Chef, Executive Producer for Food and Wine Magazine)
- Sunday, September 19: Nancy Silverton (Chef-Owner of Osteria Mozza, Chi Spacca)
- Monday, September 20: Stephanie Izard (Chef-Owner of Girl & the Goat, Cabra, Sugargoat)
- Tuesday, September 21: Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo (Chef-Owners of animal, Son of a Gun and Jon & Vinny’s)
- Wine List: Zwann Grays (Wine Director at Olmsted and Maison Yaki)
- Cocktails: Monica Berg and Alex Kratena (Partners at Tayēr + Elementary)
Service Times & Ticket Prices*
- Lunch, $115 per person: 3 course prix fixe and choice of (1) beverage per person; reservations from 11:00am – 12:45pm. Cabana price, $150 per person (unlimited beverages).
- Aperitivo, $95 per person: Assortment of small plates and choice of (1) beverage per person; reservations at 4:00pm and 6:30pm. Cabana price, $125 per person (unlimited beverages).
- Dinner, $200 per person: 4 course prix fixe and choice of (1) beverage per person; reservations at 6:00pm and 8:30pm. Cabana price, $250 per person (unlimited beverages).
- Late Night, $95 per person: Assortment of small plates and choice of (1) beverage per person; reservations at 9:00pm.
- A limited number of cabana tables for six are available to book for Lunch, Dinner and Aperitivo. Cabana packages include unlimited beverages, premium seating and a dedicated attendant.
Must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages. Please drink responsibly.
*Ticket prices include gratuity. Taxes are not included in ticket price. Additional beverages will be available for purchase. One vegetarian and gluten free menu option will be available per day upon request.
Amex Trendex Methodology
¹ This Amex Trendex online poll was conducted by Morning Consult between June 25-28, among a national sample of 2,000 general population travelers with a household income of at least $70K and defined as adults who traveled by air at least once in 2019. “Parent” demographic defined as being the parent or guardian of any children. “Working adult” demographic defined as being presently employed in the private sector, government, or self-employed. Results from the survey have a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.
About Global Dining Access by Resy
2 Global Dining Access is a digital dining program that provides eligible American Express Card Members with special access to some of the most sought-after restaurants across the globe. By linking an eligible American Express Card to a Resy account, diners unlock exclusive reservations, Priority Notify, premium dining experiences, and more. “Eligible Card Members” are account holders of Platinum Card® from American Express, Business Platinum Card® from American Express, Corporate Platinum Card® from American Express, Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card, Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card, and Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card (and any Additional Card Member(s) on their accounts) and other Cards (see Global Dining Access Terms and Conditions).
Resy is a hospitality technology platform that powers restaurants around the world and a consumer-facing reservation platform for passionate diners. Since its inception in 2014, Resy has created best-in-class software that elevates dining experiences and connects restaurants to a growing network of highly engaged diners, with the powerful backing of American Express. Resy is a go-to destination for restaurant discovery, exclusive access, original content, and chef-driven culinary events. The amazing world of restaurants is just taps away in the Resy app and at Resy.com.
Lauren Young / Resy – Lauren.Young1@resy.com