Resy + Frankies Spuntino Group Present The Franks’ Backyard Chef Series
(March 29, 2017—New York, NY) – New York-based hospitality and reservations technology company Resy will partner with beloved New York hospitality group Frankies Spuntino Group for The Franks’ Backyard Chef Series. Hosted in the backyard garden of Frankies 457 Spuntino, the monthly series will bring pairs of award-winning chefs to Brooklyn to cook alongside Frankies chefs and co-owners, Frank Castronovo and Frank Falcinelli to create their version of simple and delicious backyard cookout fare.
“We are thrilled to partner with Frankies Spuntino Group for this exciting dinner series,” states Resy CEO and co-founder Ben Leventhal. “The partnership provides diners an opportunity to experience global culinary talent while enjoying great hospitality, which are the cornerstones of the Resy experience.”
Launching on April 20th and running through October 2017, each dinner will feature multiple courses prepared in collaboration by the following chefs:
- Thursday, April 20: Ivan Orkin (Ivan Ramen, New York City), Billy Durney (Hometown Bar B Que, New York City) & Matty Matheson (Parts & Labour, Toronto)
- Tuesday, May 16: Marc Vetri (Osteria, Philadelphia) & Jeremiah Langhorne (The Dabney, Washington D.C.)
- Wednesday, June 21: Michael White (Marea, New York City) & Jessica Koslow (Sqirl, Los Angeles)
- Monday, July 17: Jon Shook (Animal, Los Angeles) & Vinny Dotolo (Animal, Los Angeles)
- Monday, August 16: Virgilio + Pia Martinez (Central, Peru) & Ignacio Mattos (Estela, New York City)
- Monday, September 11: David McMillan, Fred Morin & Marc-Olivier Frappier (Joe Beef, Montreal)
- Wednesday, September 27: Mauro Colagreco (Mirazur, France) & Fernando Trocca (Sucre, Argentina)
- Monday, October 16: Enrique Olvera (Pujol, Mexico), Daniela Soto Innes (Cosme, New York City) & Chris Bianco (Pizzeria Bianco, Arizona)
Resy reservation technology will provide a limited number of tickets for the monthly series. Presale tickets will be available for purchase exclusively for American Express Card Members through the Resy app beginning on April 5th at 7:00 am ET. All remaining tickets will be available for purchase starting at 9:00 am ET on April 7th. Tickets are $100 per person, with proceeds from each dinner being donated to a charity of the chefs’ choice. The Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express is the official sponsor of The Franks’ Backyard Chef Series.
“For many years, we’ve wanted to bring our friends and international culinary talent to Brooklyn’s backyard,” says Frankies Spuntino Group co-owners Frank Castronovo and Frank Falcinelli. “Like Resy, we are committed to providing diners with memorable restaurant experiences, making this partnership an exciting, likeminded venture.”
Built ‘by restaurants for restaurants’, Resy challenges longstanding reservation tools like OpenTable, disrupting the status quo created by clunky, expensive reservation services. Resy uses technology to redefine hospitality by offering a cutting edge real-time cloud-based system with flat pricing, resetting industry expectations about how much value restaurants should expect from technology partners. Resy’s Hospitality Board, which includes representatives from the best hospitality companies in the world, works in close consultation with the Resy team as they build features. Resy was co-founded by Ben Leventhal, cofounder of Eater and restaurant industry entrepreneur; Gary Vaynerchuk, an entrepreneur, investor, author; and Michael Montero, founder of CrowdTwist and Fotolog and noted CTO.
About Frankies Spuntino Group
Frankies Spuntino Group co-owners Frank Castronovo and Frank Falcinelli are seasoned restaurateurs and chefs, having opened their first restaurant, Frankies 457 Spuntino together in Brooklyn in 2004. Since then, the Franks have amassed an international following and garnered critical acclaim for their commitment to serving high quality food with great value in settings that are warm, unpretentious, and uniquely New York.