Houston has been garnering its fair share of (well-deserved) attention in recent years as an essential destination for people who love to eat. And it’s no wonder why, what with a growing and globally inspired culinary landscape that’s as diverse in its offerings as the people who call the Bayou City home. These days, the city is hailed as much for its garlicky, buttery Viet-Cajun crawfish as it is for its tender, perfectly smoked Texas barbecue beef brisket and fresh seafood from the Gulf. And with several award-winning chefs at the helm of some of Houston’s most popular kitchens, you know you’re going to be in good hands.
While there are just too many excellent restaurants and too many delectable dishes to put every single one on this list, we’ve compiled a cross-section of picks we think showcase the city’s myriad cultures. Here are 11 noteworthy dishes you must try in Houston.
- The London Hit List, Summer 2023 Edition: Rambutan, Noble Rot Mayfair, Cadet, and More
- The Hong Kong Hit List, Summer 2023 Edition: Ronin, The Chairman, Lau Haa, and More
- The Essential Spots For Colorado Mountain Dining, Summer 2023 Edition
- Ten Restaurants That Define American Dining in Summer 2023
- The Ultimate Guide to Hilton Head, Summer 2023 Edition
- The Resy Guide to the New Classic Dishes of Charleston
- The Athens Hit List, Summer 2023 Edition: Ergon House, Hytra, Feyrouz, and More